Do you need to appoint a planning consultant?
You may wish to appoint a planning consultant to assist you, although this is not always necessary. The Royal Town Planning Institute has an Online Directory of Planning Consultants that you may wish to use.
The services and support Planning Consultants provide will vary. They may be able to advise, among other matters, on the following:
- advising on potential development opportunities through site appraisals and feasibility studies
- advising on the preparation and submission of planning applications
- submitting appeals against the refusal of planning permission or if permission is granted subject to conditions, against those conditions considered unacceptable
- carrying out public consultation
- dealing with enforcement notices
- applying for certificates of lawfulness