An appeal has to be lodged within a specified period from the date of refusal (or the date the application was due to be determined if it is an appeal against non-determination):
- Householder planning application - 12 weeks
- Advertisement consent - 8 weeks
- A planning application for "minor commercial development" - 12 weeks
- All other planning applications - 6 months (though special limits apply if an Enforcement Notice has been served in respect of the development)
- Listed Building Consent - 6 months
Late appeals will only be accepted in exceptional circumstances. Appeal forms and information booklets explaining how to appeal are available from the Planning Inspectorate's website.