This will not require planning permission provided:
- It is for a purpose incidental to the enjoyment of the dwelling, for example, for storage, a games room, gym or indoor swimming pool and not for a use that would take place in the main dwelling, such as a living room or bedroom.
- It is not forward of the principal elevation of the house.
- It is single-storey
- It is not higher than
- 4 metres if it has a dual-pitched roof, i.e. one shaped like an upside down “V”.
- 2.5 metres if it is within 2 metres of the boundary
- or 3 metres in any other case
- The eaves are not more than 2.5 metres high
- If the property is in on Article 1(5) land, i.e. a National Park, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty, a Conservation Area, an area designated under s41(3) of the Wildlife and Countryside Act 1981, the Norfolk Broads or a World Heritage Site, it is not between a side elevation of the house and a boundary
If the dwelling is situated in a World Heritage Site, a National Park, an Area of Outstanding Natural Beauty or the Norfolk Broads, there is a restriction on outbuildings, etc more than 20 metres from the dwelling. The total ground area of these may not exceed 10 sq. metres.