If you can't find the information you need, you can email us at advice@planningaid.rtpi.org.uk


What does having a D1 non-residential institution mean?

This comprises any use not including a residential use:

    • for the provision of any medical or health services (unless attached to the practitioner’s premises)
    • as a crèche, day nursery or day centre
    • for the provision of education
    • as an art gallery (otherwise than for sale or hire)
    • as a museum
    • as a public library or reading room
    • as a public hall or exhibition hall
    • as a place of worship or for religious instruction
    • as a law court

D1 premises have permitted development rights for the following change of use:

    • up to 150 sq metres change of use to A1, A2, A3 or B1 for a temporary two-year period. Your Planning Department or a planning consultant should be able to advise you on the procedures to be followed to take advantage of this provisio.
Have more questions? Submit a request
Powered by Zendesk