If you can't find the information you need, you can email us at advice@planningaid.rtpi.org.uk


What does having a C4 house in multiple occupation mean?

This comprises use of a dwellinghouse by no more than six residents of a house in multiple occupation.

Normally a C4 property would be considered to be a dwellinghouse and would have the same permitted development rights for alterations, extensions, outbuildings, etc. You should seek confirmation from your Planning Department.

A change of use from C4 to a C3 dwellinghouse would not require planning permission.

Have more questions? Submit a request
Powered by Zendesk