If you can't find the information you need, you can email us at advice@planningaid.rtpi.org.uk


To remove some trees

Normally permission is not required to fell or do other work to trees in domestic gardens. There are, however, two exceptions:

  1. If the tree is the subject of a Tree Preservation Order, you will need to obtain the permission from the planning authority first. If you are not sure if a tree is preserved, your planning authority should be able to advise you.
  2. If you are doing works to trees in a Conservation Area, you have to give your planning authority six weeks notice. This gives them the chance to decide whether a Tree Preservation Order should be made.

For both procedures, your planning authority should be able to help you make the necessary application/serve the relevant notice.

Have more questions? Submit a request
Powered by Zendesk